Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New CD From Brenda Janz - "You Carry Me"

Canadian born, Brenda Janz, recently released her first solo album "You Carry Me". As an immensely gifted singer and passionate communicator she has been an inspiration and blessing to many in concerts and various recordings over the years.

Her voice is not unfamiliar to a broad audience, and is most notably recognized by her duet with Brian Doerksen in the song "The River" from the CD & DVD "Today" (Integrity), as well as many others.

Produced by Philip Janz (Brian Doerksen, Kathryn Scott, Andy Park), these 12 mostly self-penned compositions are sure to bring comfort and encouragement in the midst of everyday "life" challenges with songs like "Mama’s Prayer", "I need You to hold me" and "He carries all my sorrow". http://philipjanz.com/brendajanz.com/web_audio/Mama's_Prayer.mp3

In Brenda’s own words:

"This CD was ultimately born from accounts that have shaped my life, right from the early years. The title of this project gives testimony to that equation: ‘You Carry me’."

What others are saying:

"For almost 20 years, Brenda has moved me as a singer and worshipper . . . but to finally hear a whole CD with her is an amazing treasure! She sings her story with passion and moved me to tears with her powerful voice and words of truth. Like good wine served at just the right time, ‘You carry me’ will delight all who listen!" Brian Doerksen: Songwriter, Recording Artist www.briandoerksen.com

"Captivating vocals. Inspiring lyrics. I wake up in the night with these majestic songs playing through my mind. And I smile." Phil Callaway: Author and Speaker www.philcallaway.ab.ca

"Brenda Janz has the kind of voice that makes you say ‘I wish I could sing like that.’ A wife, a mom, and a veteran worship leader who brings all that to her latest musical offering, Brenda delivers honest, unpretentious songs from a tested and faithful heart." Paul Baloche: Songwriter, Recording Artist www.baloche.com

"Brenda has one of the most intensely beautiful voices I've ever heard. She sings with a passion for both Jesus, and the broken, in a way that will touch your heart in profound ways. Her writing is personal, yet inclusive. Her delivery is powerful, yet intimate. 'You carry me' is a beautiful album - an album you'll come back to time and again." Kathryn Scott: Songwriter, Recording Artist www.myspace.com/kathrynscottmusic

----------------------

A note from Brenda:

"This CD was ultimately born from accounts that have shaped my life, right from the early years. The title of this project gives testimony to that equation: "You Carry me".

To be honest, I’ve never really had big dreams to record my own album. But what I have always found myself doing, without really giving it much thought, is singing!

Song has always been the most natural way of expressing my feelings to God. So it made sense for me to sing about grief, joy, gratitude & relationships; singing through every season of life, whether happy or sad.

Over the years, I’ve written about many "life" experiences that I’ve encountered and consequently walked through, with God. It hasn’t always felt that way; there were many times where I certainly was "doing my own thing". God is with me, still.

So the album is simply a collection of prayers, reflections, and worship.

I sincerely hope you, the listener, will be encouraged to draw from the Father’s presence, through these "life" songs. He is near, very near; no matter what circumstances may bring." - Brenda Janz http://www.brendajanz.com/Album.html

No comments:

Post a Comment