Job Title: External Affairs (EA) Marketing Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Catapult your marketing and event management career. Become part of the External Affairs team at SoundExchange, a Washington, D.C. - based non-profit performance rights organization that collects statutory royalties from satellite radio (such as SIRIUS XM), internet radio, cable TV music channels and similar platforms for streaming sound recordings. The Copyright Royalty Board, which was created by Congress, has entrusted SoundExchange as the sole entity in the United States to collect and distribute these digital performance royalties on behalf of featured and non-featured recording artists, master rights owners (usually record labels), and independent artists who record and own their masters.
SoundExchange has a dynamic opportunity for a junior marketing professional looking to move up to the next level and to promote the organization's mission through event planning, managing marketing initiatives and media buying. Strong organizational skills, event management experience, knowledge of internet advertising and web based social media tools are a must. Passion for music essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organize conference and festival sponsorship for SoundExchange, negotiate terms, maintain and manage event budgets. Schedule and organize event participation including travel for EA staff.
- Research and recommend participation in conferences and festivals for the EA department.
- Develop and evaluate creative marketing strategies to promote organizational goals.
- Track & evaluate effectiveness of EA events attended throughout the year.
- Update public and private event calendars for EA staff and notify staff of the upcoming events.
- Identify opportunities for online advertising (banner, text, search, etc.) and print advertising for SoundExchange and develop creative online advertising opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for message diversification including new markets and new channels of distribution, and make recommendations to EA staff regarding potential outreach.
- Evaluate media impact effectiveness.
- Oversee marketing materials, including working with external design team and vendors.
- Order marketing materials, obtain estimates, negotiate prices and manage delivery.
- Keep inventory of marketing materials and forecast new orders and re-orders.
- Execute marketing plans set forth by the EA VP and measure success rate.
- Contribute to development of creative marketing strategies, including working with all members of the department and EA VP to plan, create, and implement strategies which meet department and organization objectives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in marketing or related field from 4-year accredited institution
- Minimum 3-5+ years experience after college in related role
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Analytical and research skills required to understand complex problems and seek
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to able to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to juggle and prioritize tasks
- Availability for occasional after-hours or weekend work or travel, as required
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to analyze problems, find solutions and prioritize work
- Outlook and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent communication skills, including written communications and public speaking
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with event management and media buying
- Pro-active, creative approach to seeking new strategic opportunities
SALARY: $45k and competitive benefits package
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
Email resume and salary requirements to Crystal Powell at email@example.com with subject line: "EA Marketing Coordinator"