--Export, 32-bit recording and 32-bit mix make RiffWorks Standard the ideal DAW companion.--
Los Altos, CA - Sonoma Wire Works has released a free update for RiffWorks Standard recording software (Windows & Mac). RiffWorks Standard v2.5 is now the ideal sketchpad for professional DAW users with new features like export, 32-bit recording and 32-bit mix. With RiffWorks Standard you can record ideas at the moment of inspiration, create complete songs with drums and effects, collaborate online with musicians around the world, post tunes to the RiffWorld.com online community, and now export to any DAW for editing and mastering.
RiffWorks Standard v2.5 Improvements Include:
- New Export Options:
o Export Current Riff - Export all the layers of the currently selected Riff as Acidized .wav files including the InstantDrummer and Metronome. Files can then be imported into any DAW.
o Export All Riffs - Exports all riffs from a song as .wav files into separate file folders.
o Sonoma 7 VST Plugin - The 7 award-winning effects from RiffWorks as a VST Plugin. Effects presets are saved during export for access from the Sonoma 7 VST plugin in your DAW. This plugin is available for free to all RiffWorks Standard users as a separate download.
- 32-bit Recording and Export - RiffWorks has always done all processing at 32-bit, but audio files were saved as 16-bit for space and performance reasons. 32-bit file recording is now available as an option in the Audio Setup Window. 32-bit provides the highest recording quality, but takes twice as much disk space.
- 32-bit Mix - The option to mix a 32-bit floating point .wav file allows users to take their final mix into a mastering program at the highest quality.
- Improved Master Output Compressor/Limiter* - All new program-dependent master output compressor/limiter increases overall output level and eliminates pumping and breathing at high output levels.
- Improved Compressor* - New algorithm improves compressors on Layers and Riffs.
- FourTrack Import* - RiffWorks Standard and RiffWorks T4 v2.5 automatically detect and import tracks, complete with gain and pan settings, directly from the FourTrack iPhone application using Bonjour on Mac and Windows.
- RiffLink Progress Bar* - RiffLink now has a progress bar during song loading.
- Many bugs have been fixed, including:
o RiffLink peformance*
o Sound improvements*
o RiffEffects on SongLayers*
o Export/Import SongLayers*
*Improvements marked with an asterix are also included in the RiffWorks T4 v2.5 (free edition) update.
RiffWorks easy-to-use guitar recording software includes automatic track creation, loop recording, guitar-oriented effects, InstantDrummer, professionally recorded drum tracks, online music collaboration, and song posting. RiffWorld.com rolls it all into a friendly online community with song contests and more. Download RiffWorks T4 free recording software or purchase RiffWorks Standard for the most features.
RiffWorks T4 v2.5 (Free Edition): http://www.sonomawireworks.com/T4
RiffWorks Standard v2.5 ($129): http://www.sonomawireworks.com/riffworks.php
RiffWorks Standard, by Sonoma Wire Works, is available as a download and CD from Sonoma Wire Works.
RiffWorks Standard CDs are distributed to dealers worldwide by IK Multimedia.
About Sonoma Wire Works
Incorporated in 2003 and headquartered in Los Altos, California, Sonoma Wire Works develops products and services that help musicians enjoy playing, recording and sharing music. RiffWorks has received awards for performance and innovation, including a NAMM 08 Best in Show Trendsetter Award.