Monday, September 14, 2015

Swiss Recording Artist Michael Resin Receives Starlight Music Chronicles Review with Approval


Emotion Sickness | Michael Resin
Bongo Boy Records | Asia

I am a romantic, a deep romantic and when I have those 'moments' when I have the urge to watch a vintage movie, or even a modern drama, or even a play (Phantom of the Opera is my personal favourite), I know I can keep working, ignore that urge, and not waste a moment watching these films. Why? Well, Swiss-born Michael Resin has wrapped up all of these 'desires' in his brand new album (Released September 1st, 2015) by Bongo Boy Records and it is absolute magic to the ears! And all I have to do is hit the 'play' button on my laptop and I am in 'my zone'. It is just that fabulous.

Review by CA Marshall – Chief Editor | Music Reviewer| Starlight Music Chronicles - www.starlightmusicchronicles.com

Heart-wrenching, languid, and sincere lyrics in absolutely every track elicit something deep within and I believe that this is the Artist's goal as is suggested by the Album title: 'Emotion Sickness'. I have been privy to listen to most of Resin's tracks prior to the album release and I have to say that he has created a truly beautiful album which touches on every emotion of the human heart: sadness, desire, passion, frustration, anger, depression, and desperation. In life we all have emotions that we must face and/or conquer and the emotions derived from Love, Fear, Desperation, Desolation, and Circumstance is exactly what Resin has created: and he hits the nail on the proverbial head every single time in every single song. This is created with not only his brilliant vocal ability but also through gorgeous piano ballads that will truly pull at the heartstrings. Vocals and instrumental combined, it is truly magic.

But let's talk about the song 'Only Human' for a moment here. After all, this was my very first experience listening to Resin via Bongo Boy TV. His video for the song was included in the episode I was reviewing and I remember that when the song had ended, I hit rewind. Then I hit rewind again. Then once more. I was absolutely blown away: I had never heard anything as beautiful as that song in my lifetime. Audibly you can hear the European flair in his vocals which only lend complete candor to this hauntingly beautiful song. 'Only Human' is truly, the jewel in this albums crown.

Going deeper, there are collaborations in this release including the lovely gentle lyrics of French-born Betty Chrys in 'Goodbye or Not', a beautiful love duet (she has the vocal ability of Barbara Streisand here in 'The Way We Were') which elicits the struggles some couples face in their relationships: to go or to stay. Then there is the collaboration with Benjamin Karmer (also French), in the song 'Thousand Tears' which speaks to the heart about loss and coping with grief and Resin clearly and beautifully demonstrates in this ballad that it is perfectly okay to 'not hide' these emotions (through tears) because it is human to grieve in this way.

Other tracks in the album such as 'Paralyzed', 'What I Feel For You', 'Believe in Love, 'Point of No Return', 'I'm Free', and 'Falling of Deaf Ears' are also stunning tracks and are consistent with the albums theme.

I am pretty selective when it comes to what I put on my iPod these days (after all, they can only hold so many songs right?) and I listen to hundreds of different genres and songs and artists every week. But with all due respect, this is an album which WILL be playing on my laptop steadily as I work. It has inspired me, lifted my spirits, understood my own struggles in life, and has brought me back to the very beginning, only several months ago when I first heard the enchanting vocals of Michael Resin. And that is the point dear readers: when an Artist leaves that kind of impression, they have succeeded in their creation as a truly gifted Artist. Make no mistake about it, Michael Resin, is that Artist.

This album is Starlight Music Chronicles approved! Well Done!

Artist: Michael Resin
www.michaelresin.com
Record Label: Bongo Boy Records. LLC
ASIA www.kanjian.com/bongoboyrecords
THE USA www.bongoboyrecords.com


http://mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=186138

No comments:

Post a Comment