Saturday, May 2, 2009

Groove Generator - Introducing His Album

Groove Generator, aka Gregory J. Bennett is an award-winning, multi-talented musician and producer from Lousianna. With many years of experience in the music industry ranging from touring to music production for TV/film and other media, he is an independent artist that is using his talent and business sense in a way that we from TryXo can only support!

Groove Generator, introduce yourself to the world!

I really love an enjoy being a musician who happens to be a multi-instrumentalist. As a drummer, keyboardist, lead guitarist and bassist, I've always enjoyed watching people groove to my music. Hence, the name, Groove Generator.

I am an award-winning innovator of rock and funkafied dance grooves with pop sensibilities. I've also produced ambient and orchestral tracks for recent interactive media projects. Among some of my most recent accomplishments is having a positive impact in this ever-changing entertainment industry.

How long have you been making music?

I've been making/creating music for 25 years.

How would you describe your music style?

My current album entitled "Groove's Hot Rock Mix" is in the pop/rock music genre. I'm also known for composing/producing other genres i.e. dance/electronica, funk and orchestral.

What is the inspiration behind your music?

I am blessed to have this gift of creating music and being a talented musician. I don't take it for granted. I'm inspired by life experiences and personal relationships, as in the track entitled Please Don't Leave Me.

In which cities, countries or locations have you performed?

I am currently not gigging with a touring band. Before I became a composer/producer, for a number of years I've had the pleasure of touring with funk/r&b/soul singer, Chaka Khan. For the last five years, my collaboration with my studio band, Groove Generator has been the focal point. Our music can be heard in TV/film projects, radio/podcasts, music-on-hold and Muzak applications all over the world.

Is there a dream location that you would like to perform at?

The Grammy Awards.

If you had a choice to release your music independently or with a major label - which would you prefer today?

Releasing music independently. Indie artists have more control over their career these days. As we are becoming more educated in the business-side of music, we're in control of our copyrights and masters which potentially brings us more opportunities and success.

What do you hope to achieve with your music career?

My goal is to establish a long and sustainable music career with strong online promotion/distribution of my music and through publishing/licensing deals. Since I do own the rights to all of my music masters and copyrights, I can enter into various opportunities that can generate positive revenue.

What can your fans expect from you next?

Fans can continue to hear my music in various video games, TV/film projects and other entertainment venues. Here's just a few examples of my TV placements:
Shows - Networks
My Coolest Years - VH-1
Behind the Music Episodes - VH-1
Room Raiders - MTV
Trailer Fabulous - MTV
True Life - MTV
Bill Cosby Biopic - Biography Channel
What's Your Sign - HGTV
Real Sex - HBO
The Next Food Network Star - The Food Network
R. Kelly Interview - VSpot
Hell Date - BET
Real Sex - HBO
... just to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment