Monday, July 25, 2016

Robert Kramer Releases "The Place They Call New Orleans"

While attending the Zone Music Reporter Music Awards event in New Orleans last month, Chicago-based recording artist/composer Robert Kramer penned his own personal tip

of the hat to the "Big Easy".

Titled "The Place They Call New Orleans", the song, inspired by Kramers' first-ever visit to the city, is an upbeat rousing folk/rock tune with a cajun flavor that

captures the cities' eclectic charm and personality. The tune is the title track of Kramers' new 3 sided CD single, which includes two other songs, "Just Another Piano

Man" & "Lies Lies Lies".

"I wrote the song in the hotel one night after we all went down to the French Quarter for a spot of ale.." says Kramer. "We walked into a place called "Spirits On

Bourbon", and I saw two guys singing and playing dueling pianos on the stage. Then the owner offered me the world-famous "Resurrection" drink.. I loved it, but I

haven't been the same since!"

"Spirits On Bourbon", owned by Steve Smith & Brad Bohannan, is the bar Kramer mentions in the song with the lines "I walked into a bar down by the quarter, two boys

was singing up the place..and that Resurrection Spirit was upon me, I drank until I almost lost my face".

The 3 song EP comes on the heels of Kramers' attendance in May at the ZMR/ Zone Music Reporter New Age Music Awards event, held every year in New Orleans. Those

attending the event included Windham Hill Records founder Will Ackerman, and musical performances by new age luminaries Jeff Oster, Fiona Joy, Ron Korb, Deuter, Louis

Colaiannia, Ann Sweeten & Darlene Koldenhoven.

The official street date for the EP's release is July 20th. It is already garnering airplay on internet and broadcast stations worldwide.

Website: http://www.robertkramermusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment