Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hollywood Music In Media Awards 2015


Sista Jeans Blues Machine was awarded the "Best Blues Band" by the Hollywood Music In Media Awards for 2015."I couldn’t believe it was our name announced as I was adjusting my camera for who would be coming up to the podium" says Sista Jean."I was so happy that it ended up being our band. "The Band works so hard To deliver everytime we step on the stage". I’m really proud to be working with all of them.

Coming off a 3 year world wind tour with Actor/Musician Hugh Laurie, Sista Jean was one of the featured singers in his band "The Copper Bottom Band.As an Indie Artist, "you really have to work hard in getting you and your band noticed on your own terms".

Sista Jean and The Blues Machine will take a most needed break during the holidays, and will return in 2016 promoting their newly released 2nd cd "Requiem For A Heavyweight(Tribute To Odetta)

The album pays homage to Odetta, who Sista Jean grew up listening to, and who influenced her musical direction with The Blues Machine. Our First single off of the album is "House Of The Rising Sun". "I Feel our arrangement of the song will really get folks paying attention to what the story is all about" says Sista Jean.

I became a huge Leadbelly fan while performing with Mr. Laurie. he exposed me to the greatness of the "American Songbook". "We as Singer/Songwriters and Musicians really do have a lot to be thankful for when it comes to the music.

http://www.artistecard.com/sistajeancb

http://www.soundcloud.com/sista-jean-cb

No comments:

Post a Comment