Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Acoustic Folk Rock Singer/Songwriter Jimmy Of April Releases Debut Album "The Voice Of Your Soul"


Acoustic folk rock singer/songwriter Jimmy of April announced that his debut album, The Voice Of Your Soul, was released today through Sound Mind Records, LLC. The album can be digitally downloaded or purchased as a CD at his website: http://www.jimmyofapril.bandcamp.com

Jimmy of April began writing the songs on the album in April, recording and producing each as they were written in his home studio. Commenting on his new musical creation, he said, "Music, for me, is a very spiritual experience, and has always been a big part of my life. I wanted The Voice Of Your Soul to reflect my feelings about music and its importance to me, and a lot of heart and effort went into making sure that happened. The music will definitely touch you."

Aside from five years of classical piano training, Jimmy of April is a self-taught musician, playing the guitar and drums in addition to piano. He grew up playing in garage bands and local bars. His musical style was influenced by a range of artists including Bob Dylan, John Lennon, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Simon & Garfunkel, Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Barry Manilow and the group Peter Paul and Mary.

"I wrote and co-wrote back in the day but it was always at, for the lack of a better term, at my expense, or to please someone or something. In other words, I tried to make the music and the lyrics fit into the pre-defined what-do-we-hear-on-the-radio and can-we-keep-it-under-3:30 mold. I read books and listened to so called authorities and A&R people in the business. Needless to say, the music was forced, not natural. After many years of this, countless band member changes, and dealing with egos and other music industry issues, I gave up writing and performing, but not playing. With this album, I did it my way, and on my terms. I think the results speak for themselves."

The Voice Of Your Soul Features nine tracks: "The Birds of Vienna", "We're All Imperfect Somehow", "Why'd You Shoot My Hero", "Don't Give Up On Truth", "We Just Might Be There", "The Voice Of Your Soul", "I'm Losing My Mind Over You", "Leona", and "I'm Tired Of Everything Except Love".

For more information about Jimmy of April, or to purchase The Voice Of Your Soul, visit http://www.jimmyofapril.bandcamp.com

Music: http://jimmyofapril.com/the_birds_of_vienna.mp3

CONTACT:
Jimmy Pillar
Sound Mind Records, LLC
T: 973-470-9215
E: jimmyofapril@yahoo.com
http://www.jimmyofapril.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment