Sunday, November 23, 2008

New music from Polarity/1 - 'Home Sweet Home' (mp3)

"Home Sweet Home" is Polarity/1's take on the classic Sir Henry Bishop and Howard Payne composition. Heavy on percussion and featuring powerful vocals, this rendition still manages to remain chill at its core. This is probably Polarity/1's most sentimental song to date.

Download Polarity/1's "Home Sweet Home" free MP3

----------
"Home Sweet Home" Lyrics

Some live by religion; some of us common sense
Some love their neighbors; some want to build a fence
Half of life is spirit; the rest is skin and bone
They all come together in the place that we call home

chorus
Home Home sweet, sweet Home
There's no place like Home
There's no place like Home

I work hard to make a living; it's hard from nine to five
But it's home that does the giving; it's where I am alive
The world is very hungry; sometimes it eats its own
I'm going where I'm someone; I'm on my way home

chorus

My house ain't no cash cow; ain't no golden goose
It don't flip like a gymnast; ain't liquid like juice
I watch my kids sleeping. They're real, not Kodachrome
Not living on some property; they're growing in our home

chorus
----------

The music of Polarity/1 is exactly what the name suggests: conjoined opposites -- a mash up of new: cutting edge electronica/hip hop/nu-jazz and old; roots music of America (blues, funk, country, early jazz), Brazil (samba, pagoda, etc.) and West African groove science. Polarity also describes the dual streams of Polarity/1's musical output: songs and instrumentals.

http://www.reverbnation.com/polarity1
http://www.polarity1.com

No comments:

Post a Comment