Wednesday, February 20, 2013

REDCON-1 Artist BQ Tha Emcee Releases "Another Debut"


Many Hip Hop artists struggle to find their own identity in an industry that has strayed away from originality and style. In a genre that has diminished in quality of lyrics and content, BQ the Emcee strives towards musical supremacy, never forgetting the importance of the pen and pad. A student of the game, Q arrives with a fresh, yet universal sound guaranteed to capture the ears of an audience.



Born and raised in Southern California, BQ currently resides in Southern Illinois by way of the United States Military. During his service, his craft has continually improved in its own unique way due to diverse personalities he's met along his path. As a member of the military-based label REDCON-1 Music Group, as we as his own 8th Starr Entertainment imprint, this emcee continues to touch lives, this time through his new album "Another Debut".



The opening track, "Get It Out My System" represents an updated style from his early days which helps to lead into growth and maturity displayed later on "Would Give My Life For You" & "Let It Go". With topics ranging from military life to personal relationships, one of the stand out records is "Arm'd Forces"---the first and only track to feature an artist from all 5 branches of the military.



BQ still serves on active duty but finds time daily to write. "I continue to challenge myself each time I sit down to create," BQ says. "I came from an era where you had to be better than the next guy on the mic. I believe in growth and have enjoyed the diversity we've seen over the years. It motivates me to never sound outdated or bland". Listeners, new and old are encouraged to join BQ on his next journey through music. For some, "Another Debut" represents a new a beginning, for others it's the next must-have new album of the year. "The title lets you know I stay hungry. I treat every project like it's my first--that's my winning formula."



"Another Debut" can be purchased digitally on iTunes and Amazon. Autographed CDs can be purchased at http://www.bqmuzik.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment