Monday, April 9, 2018

Singer/Songwriter Mandy Bon Releases "Traffic Jams" EP

Singer/Songwriter Mandy Bon has released 'Traffic Jams,' an EP made up of four original songs sharing the artist's insights into the ups and downs of life. Each song on the EP, 'Super Glue,' 'LA Traffic', 'Only A Fake' and 'Saying Goodbye', have corresponding music videos that can be seen here. The objective of the EP is to gain the artist representation by a major or independent record label.

Unsure
Bon, a music major who plays piano, guitar and ukulele, decided to compose original music that reflected being a young twenty-something musician wondering aloud about her life path. "I get lots of ideas driving in L.A. traffic," says Bon. "A lot of songs come to mind." 'LA Traffic' highlights Bon being scared of commitment but willing to take the risk when she first started dating her future husband. "I was feeling very unsure about the direction of my life, was very nervous, I think people can relate," says Bon. "Kiss me in LA Traffic Take it slow we'll keep it classic Don't know where we're going But I'm not running away from You... You, me, and LA."

Getting Stuck
Another song on the EP titled 'Only A Fake' chronicles the universal frustration of getting stuck, with the anger being vented on oneself. "I wrote this when feeling very discouraged," says Bon. "In the end, the song is about pulling yourself out of that hole and keep stepping forward. Things will get better, even if at first it doesn't feel that way. We all have moments where we compare past with present." "Guess I'm only a fake Nice and neat for a day Pack away my mistakes Guess I'm only a Fake."

Uke Ballad
'Super Glue' is a ukulele-propelled ballad of love written to Bon's husband. The corresponding music video has the artist playing uke while flipping boards highlighting both her art and lyrics. "And I like you, even when I bug you, and actually I love you, alot!"

Collaboration
Bon hooked up with violinist Maile Hutchinson to breathe life into 'Saying Goodbye', "an honest song poured out of me when I felt absolutely devastated." "I'm a mess Watch me cry Driving home Dripping Sky." "Ok, so basically a very cheery song," adds Bon with a laugh. For the EP, Bon composed, recorded and mixed each track. Bon also helmed most of the music video production herself.

About Mandy Bon
Mandy is a Los Angeles based singer/songwriter/composer. For more information, contact her at mandy@bonproductions.com

http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=201651

No comments:

Post a Comment