Saturday, August 13, 2016

New Release "Bongo Boy Records Out Of The Garage Vol 2" Comes Full Speed, Motor Running, With 60's Garage And Punk Rock

Bongo Boy Records Out Of The Garage Volume Two.
ASIA RELEASE: 7.19.16 | WORLDWIDE: 7.26.16 | UPC 686751362033 | ISRC: USPXQ

Step away from those power tools, dudes and dudettes - this garage is gonna rock without 'em. The mavens from Bongo Boy Records have ginned up a brand new batch of the

ultimate American homegrown sound - jangly reverb'd guitars, Vox-Velveeta cheesy organ sounds and untuned drums slapping back from the close quarters where your old

man stored his never-ending car restoration projects and dirty mags. Out Of The Garage, Volume Two picks up where Volume One left off, and it's hitting on all ten

cylinders here. Check 'em out and lighten up on the accelerator, just enjoy the ride.

Mark "Ponytail" Lindsay gets the party in gear with Show Me The Love - muy macho and the most authentic balls-out strut from the '60s you'd ever expect. Fist-pumping

rumpity bumping - dare you not to shake your groove thing.

Somewhere a swamp garage is missing a bunch of gassed-up gators - that's the vibe on So Fine by The Nolas. Big spoiler alert - these croc-o-dialers turn on a dime and

make surf's-up waves that zap you right back to the '60s.

A revved-up raveup classic: cars, girls and Cheap Perfume's take on Boys, a B-side for The Shirelles and a Ringo sing-song on a record by his old side group, The

Beatles. Cheap Perfume makes the case for high-octane rocking with four on the floor for this Motown classic.

Can't say I agree with the sentiment (even with its parenthetical disclaimer), but that doesn't stop the oil pan slickness of Mike Daly & The Planets motoring through

Kill A Clown (No, Not Really). These guys make music that purrs like a kitten with a tiger in its tank, meanwhile apparently knowing a million ways to kill clowns

wherever they are encountered.

I love my car, I love my guitar, I love you but you broke my heart when you took me to the beach and didn't give me what you promised - the story in a nutshell in A

Little Bit Lied To from Susan SurfTone. A rock-blocked engine drop on love's lost highway, with heartache in the rearview.

Mia Moravis and her tune A Spy For Love makes me feel like I'm in a cartoon car from the past, slinking around corners late at night, doing the perviest things in the

nicest way. I've never met her, but I feel like she's got her eye on me, just poised to snatch me up and wrap her cuffs around me.

In Pamela Davis' Don't Look Back, her overdriven fuzz-drenched guitar reacquaints me with the feeling I have every time I see the blue lights blazing behind me. I try

her advice, but you know what they say: if you make eye contact, they've got you. License and registration, please!

I may have noted previously that hooyoosay sound like they're at some kind of eternal dance party in their minds. The Wrong Kind Of People is a happy-go-larky tune,

driven by artists who thought they had a map, but damned if they can find the glove box to check it.

The Accelerators invite us to their drop-top drive-along, on the lookout for Sun Surf And Sand. Mind your MPH, fellows - and keep the SPF handy.

Imagine if Neil Young had sung about The Ramones instead of Johnny Rotten. That's the point of departure for The OneNeeders' Ramones Rock. Three gears and a dream,

barreling down the lost highway, eyes peeled for the last chance gas.

Happy motoring, from yours truly, Gatemouth Wighat

Download Album
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/outofthegaragevolumetwo
ASIA:
https://www.kkbox.com/tw/tc/album/0kH.YeqCOfkBE0F125hH009H-index.html

Official Label Web Page: https://bongoboyrecords.com/outofthegaragevolumetwo/

No comments:

Post a Comment